Have you ever wondered one of those?
- How does this plumbing behind GNOME actually work?
- What are all these processes on my system here for?
- How can I manage user permissions for system actions?
- How can I override or force user configurations?
- How do I configure GDM?
- What can I do with NetworkManager?
For those who weren’t at Mini-DebConf Paris 2012 last week, let me share here again the slides:
These questions, and many others, will find the beginning of an answer here. At the very least, I hope to show people leads on where to find relevant information for their needs about administrating GNOME systems.